Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Is this thing on?

Welcome.

My name is Christy and this is my latest attempt at having a blog.

This is not my first foray into this world. I had a blog that I updated pretty consistantly for two years. That turned into an outlet for me whining about things in my life I did not like - pretty publically.

What makes a blog successful? I admit, I read A LOT of mom blogs. Quite a few of them, I went back to their first post and then read to present day. At times, I felt a little creepy - why was I so enamoured with these people I didn't know? Like seriously, I want to be friends with these people, I'm a weirdo. What I discovered by going back to their first posts is that their blogging "careers" started just like this and then evolved into something else completely. The blogs took on a life of their own and they went with it.

So that is what I am going to do. I am going to go with it. I have done so many things this past year that I have said - man I wish I had a place to write about that and share my opinion. But then I would think to myself - this blogging thing is SOOOOOO overdone. Does the world really need another one about eating, drinking, traveling, shopping, sports and whatever else pops into my head? Maybe not. But should that really be a reason for not doing it? Obviously it shouldn't.

I'm not going to force it though. If there is something I want to say - I will. If there isn't. Well you know . . . I won't. Before I go here are some possible topics for future posts. No guarantees though.


My thoughts on the bourbon craze and how I am no better than anyone else. . .
Is it OK to be OK with not advancing in your career?
Reviewing the Maine Brewers Festival
The constant battle I have between french fries and my waistline
My frugal/expensive shopping habits
The time I broke my face

Interested in any of that? Awesome. Come back and read it sometime. Think it's just more of the same blah blah blah as everyone else? Well, thanks for stopping by and have a nice life!

Peace out for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment